A Pre-Application Community Engagement Event is taking place this week at The Dunblane Centre from Monday 16th to Friday 20th November.
The Event is being hosted by a consortium of developers comprising Taylor Wimpey, AWG Property and Manor Kingdom, concerning proposals for a residential development with associated infrastructure and open space on 54 ha of land at Kippendavie, on the eastern edge of Dunblane.
Draft proposals for the site include:-
- up to 550 new homes [up to 140 units are to be affordable]
- new landscaped open space and children’s play facilities
- improved transport infrastructure, including new cycle and pedestrian links to town centre
- contribution towards the expansion and improvement of local school, community and health facilities in the town.
- developed in accordance with Scottish Government guidance on sustainable building technologies and materials.
With a view to getting detailed feedback from members of the local community, the consortium will be hosting a pre-application community engagement event at The Dunblane Centre, Stirling Road, Dunblane, FK15 9EY. An exhibition of draft proposals for the site will be manned by members of the project team who will be available to answer questions as per the times below and to receive feedback. Questionnaires for written feedback will also be available at the event.
The event will take place from Monday 16th to Friday 20th November 2009 inclusive at the following times:
- Monday 16th Nov – 1pm to 9pm [manned]
- Tuesday 17th Nov – 12pm [unmanned] 2pm to 7.30pm [manned]
- Wednesday 18th Nov – 12pm [unmanned] 2pm to 7.30pm [manned]
- Thursday 19th Nov – 12pm to 9pm [manned]
- Friday 20th Nov – 12pm to 9pm [manned]
This represents a potential, large scale development for Dunblane and it is therefore important for members of the Community to go along and give feedback.
If you are also happy to share your feeback then we can share this at the next Dunblane Community Council meeting on the 7th December.
Angela Edgar (firstname.lastname@example.org)